Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The planned surprise

When we had Corben, I immediately knew I wanted to do it all over again right away.  I had the best pregnancy, delivery, newborn, infant.  This thing was easy.....people who say having a newborn is hard are crazy!  I had it all figured out.
When I had half of my thyroid removed when Corben was 5 months old, my body didn't react well.  It took awhile to find the right dosage of Synthroid that my body liked.  Everything was thrown off.  Still, we knew that we wanted to try to have another baby soon.  Around the end of October my hormone level started balancing out and we decided that we would like to try for baby #2.  We didn't know how the thyroid stuff affected my body, so the plan was to try until February and if it didn't happen we would hold off for the rest of the year (we have a high deductible insurance plan so the goal was to have a pregnancy and delivery in the same calendar year to avoid paying two years of deductibles).
Two weeks later....... we found out I was pregnant!  Talk about meant to happen!  We didn't even know if I could get pregnant, let alone that fast!
Corben announced the big news!
July 29, 2012 we would be welcoming a new bundle of joy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment