Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wedding Weekend

My big brother now has a Mrs. Krieger....certainly his better half!  We absolutely adore Annabelle and are so thankful that not only is she the one who Erik chose, but that she chose him as well!

Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous going into the weekend.  The last time we traveled with Corben was when he was 8 months old (not including his trip to California when Hunter was in the hospital, that doesn't count).  My girls were dancing at Disneyland and we made a mini vacation out of it.  That was a lot to orchestrate.  He didn't sleep well in the hotel, didn't nap, woke up the second night and had thrown up and had poopy pants out of his jammies......not fun.

So when I was going to be bringing my 2 year old, who was going to need to perform as ring bearer (read: BEHAVE), which if he doesn't get enough sleep he is miserable.  PLUS an 8 month old, the same age as our Disney-going Corben....yeah a little overwhelmed.

I wish I would have taken a picture of my lists and organized bags as well as the perfectly packed car.  I had extras for every scenario possible, plus all of our family's basic need items.  Yikes...so much stuff.  I spent an entire week preparing!

I am happy to say, though, that none of my emergency bags were needed. They were perfect on the drive out.....Hunter napped, Corben played with his stuff and ate his snacks.

Good boys in the car
We played at lunch!


Sleep the whole weekend was great... Hunter took his normal naps, Corben napped on the couch in our suite.  The first night was a little hectic.  Hunter woke up an hour after going to bed screaming.  He never does this.  I gave him tylenol and a bottle and he went back to sleep.  He woke up the next morning with his 7th tooth.  Corben woke me up at 2 am kissing me and blowing in my face.  Then he tossed and turned and tried to talk to me for 2 hours.  Finally at 4am he started to settle when Hunter woke up in the pack and play...ummmmm...grunting (I think he does his business in his pants around then every morning) and scratching on his pack and play.  This made Corben giggle and they then giggled back and forth for an hour.  At 5 everyone went back to sleep and slept til 8:30!  We moved Hunter to the living room the second night :)
He LOVED his sailboats

Looking at the fish tank at dinner
Hanging with Uncle Erik on his last single night!



Our boys are in bed at 7pm every single night.  The first night we had them out til 8....and the wedding night we were out til 10:30!!!! They were awesome.  No break downs, no attitude.  Perfect little gentlemen!!!


We tried to go to the pool but as soon as we got there the clouds covered up the sun 
and it was FREEZING!

                                                     The boys then napped and I got them ready....
                                                    
                                                    
SO handsome!


The wedding itself was beautiful.  The ceremony was so full of love and genuine.  I couldn't ask for a better family for Erik to marry into.  We consider them our family now and it is just so great.

Corben did his thing as ring bearer....he excitedly ran down the aisle.  So cute.
                                            
                                            
                                       The camera cut off right as he was walking but you get the gist!
LOVE this picture!



At the reception we all ate, danced, and had a fabulous time.  A fun time was had by all!





The next morning we packed up and headed out.  Thank goodness we left when we did.  Hunter had a bit of a meltdown 30 minutes from home.  Corben was starting to whine too (as were mama and daddy).  They ate dinner and got to bed at their normal times.  Everyone slept great that night and every nap and night since.....


Hotel Breakfast before we headed out

Such a fun experience and I am sooooo grateful that my boys were amazing.  We deserved a "normal" trip and time with our family.  I am happy that it all went perfect!




Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Krieger!!!! Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment