Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fall 2012-present

There really is no way to go into every detail about how difficult our time was when we got home.  Hunter basically cried for 4 months straight.  Between severe acid reflux, milk protein intolerance, major constipation from switching his formula to soy, then teething, and ear infections, things were very rough until he turned 6 months old.

Thank GOD he slept.  Sure all of his naps were in the car (yes I drove him around every single morning) or swing until he was 5.5 months old, but at night he mostly slept in his crib until the early morning and then he snuggled in with me in our bed. He had to be rocked to sleep sometimes 2 or 3 times until he was finally settled in for the night.    Thankfully none of that backfired and he is now taking two great naps, gets to sleep on his own with just his pacifier, and sleeps 12-13 hours at night.  It is amazing that literally over night he changed.  Surely it was a miracle from God as I know I didn't do that myself!

I don't know why he was so cranky.  We really didn't go anywhere at all.  I would take him to his dr appointments, and we would go to Target as I don't ever buy too much at one time there and could abandon ship at any moment when he was melting down.  I did have to do that a couple of times.  So if you ever see a cart full of items just left in a store, don't judge or think the person is just rude. It could have been me, leaving quickly to avoid my child turning purple from crying so hard in his car seat.

Corben would just plug his ears.  I would break down as well.  Not gonna lie, from July 2012-January 2013, life pretty much was horrible.  There is no sugar coating it.

Without getting into the nitty gritty details, that is really all there is to say about it.  As much as I would love to, I will never forget last fall.  It's so funny because Fall 2011 was wonderful.....life was easy and that's why we decided to have another!  Ha.....

Thankfully the day Hunter got his 6 month shots he became a different child.  He is nice to be around, he can be left to play on the floor by himself without freaking out.  He can be flexible with his schedule.  He enjoys being apart of the family.  He is actually enjoyable.  In the early days at home I remember crying to my aunt and mom and telling them I felt so guilty because I wasn't enjoying him at all.  I had fought so hard along side him and then we got home and I was so unhappy.  Thankfully that chapter is over and he really is the sweetest little boy.

Corben has always been indpendent and mellow. Hunter had a rough start but is becoming more independent, still a bit more clingy of me than his brother was/is.  We call him my stalker.  No matter who is holding him, he cranes his neck around to make sure he can see me.  It's sweet, but a little creepy.

He has something so gentle in his eyes. He adores Sally....they are absolutely best friends. I think he will be a very caring and sensitive guy.  We absolutely adore him.  He's our little chubba meatball man.

That pretty much brings you up to speed with what stage of life we are in now.  We are just enjoying our 2 year old and 7.5 month old.



Some photos of us from last fall.....







No comments:

Post a Comment