Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Firsts

Corben had his first dance recital this past weekend. He spent a lot of time with Mommy at practices, rehearsals, and then the real show. He was such a good boy throughout it all. This boy LOVES music (it has got to be the amount of music I listened to while pregnant). So add music with sparkly costumes and lots of dancing and we have one very happy and entertained boy. He even stayed for both shows (the second one started at his bedtime!) and watched the entire thing both times without a peep! What an amazingly good boy! Aunt Kelly and Uncle Josh came to visit for recital! This was his big boy outfit for the day :) This is to prove that my baby DOES in fact cry.....I was just about to leave to take him to the high school, so I was nervous the day would be a disaster....

And here he was snoozing in the dressing room in between shows....looks comfy huh?


The other big first for Corben was that I started him on rice cereal of Monday. Dr. Grassl told me he could start when he is 4 months (which isn't until next week) but he was getting fussy in between feedings, but gets bored with the bottle so I couldn't increase his food that way. He can sit up with support, so I figured we'd give it a try. After figuring out that he didn't need to suck on the spoon, he did awesome! He is getting cereal with his 10am feeding for now. I think he is too hungry after sleeping 12 hours to be patient with it for his 7am for now. Today he had 2 bowls AND finished the rest of the bottle that was left over after making the cereal with it :)

Some eating videos........









Corben also is enjoying playing in his jumper gym now! I wrap a blanket around him just for a little extra support, but he loves exploring and touching everything. here are a couple of short "playing" videos







1 comment: