Sunday, April 3, 2011

What makes Corben smile?


This week was an exciting week because Corben started "socially smiling". He had sleepy smiles and gassy smiles before, but for him to just look at you and show off that big toothless grin was very rare.


But on Tuesday that all changed. After his morning bottle, we always wipe up, put on our lotion, and get dressed for the day. Before Tuesday I would try everything to get him to smile for me. I would sing songs, make funny faces, change the pitch of my voice...he just wasn't having it.


That morning though, he decided he was ready. I got that big, happy, crooked smile. Finally! It was the best thing ever. So now every morning we have our smiling time. He smiles at the fan, the kitties, my voice, everything.


But one phrase seems to really get him. This one phrase is sure to turn his frown upside down. The phrase you ask??? "Did you make poopies in your pants?" In a very sing songy voice of course! He loves it! Typical boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment